Weekly News (April 16, 2012)
Editor’s Note: Last week a petition was started on whitehouse.gov as part of a partnership between CRA and IPCPR. The petition urges the Obama administration to exempt premium cigars from FDA control, similar to bills in both the House and Senate. If the petition reaches 25,000 signatures, the Obama administration will be forced to issue a statement on the manner and perhaps more. I’ve already signed it and would urge you to do so as well. In addition, contacting your local representatives regarding the aforementioned Congressional matters is also a step in the right direction in preventing what could be a lot of new regulations that would hurt the cigar industry.
- Guillermo León Plans Don Fernando Expansion — León claims that we will see a few different sizes of the Don Fernando at IPCPR 2012 including a Corona and a Robusto. More info in Jerry Cruz’s latest video of a George Brightman sit-down.
- La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Duque — News on the newest size of Mi Amor, here.
- J.C. Newman Announces Perla del Mar — Cigar Dave via Cigar Coop.
- Nestor Miranda Connecticut — Picture above via Barry Stein. Band here.
- Bolivar Britanicas Edición Regional Gran Bretaña Arrives — The UK’s 2011 ER finally shipped, Mitchell Orchant has the details here.
- Ortega Serie D Natural — Picture above also via Barry Stein.
- Room101 San Andres Ships — Press release here.
- Tatuaje NHC Capa Especial to Return — Not a whole lot of details, we reviewed it here.
- Emilio Draig K Nears Release — According to Gary Griffith, June 1st is the tentative date of Emilio’s limited edition. Press release here.
- Pinar Del Río Small Batch Reserve Arrives in Stores — Details here.
- Camacho Announces 4-packs — Press release here.
- Cigar Boss Heads to Android — Press release here.
- Nat Sherman Becomes First Fully Certified Tobacconist U Retail Store — Press release here.
- Davidoff Sponsors Art Basel — Press Release here.
- Cigar Stores Lose Fight in Washington State — Story here.
- Kentucky Avoids Statewide Smoking Ban — Story here.