Weekly News (April 23, 2012)
Editor’s Note: This week we added a new sponsor, Defeat Prop 29. For those of you that don’t know, Prop 29 is a ballot measure in California that would raise the taxes on cigars from its current 31.73% to 54.89% of the wholesale prices. Prop 29 goes to vote on June 5, 2012 and you can learn more on Defeat Prop 29′s website or in this article in the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Rocky Patel Launches Decade Edición Limitada 2012 — Details here.
- Viaje Shows off Skull and Bones Potato Masher — Details here.
- Flor de las Antillas Delayed — Info in the review.
- Herrera Cigars to Launch Biography — Details here.
- RoMa Craft Adds Three Vitolas — Details here.
- 262 Expands — Details here.
- J. Fuego Shows Off New Origen Maduro Original — Details here. Pics above via J. Fuego Facebook of the Edición de Familia set to debut after IPCPR.
- Smoke Inn Confirms New Tatuaje Anarchy, Apocalypse — Details here.
- CRA/IPCPR White House Petition Nears 25,000 Signatures — The joint CRA/IPCPR petition to the White House regarding FDA at time of publishing stands just under 3,000 signatures shy of its 25,000 goal needed by May 5, 2012. You can view and sign the petition here.
- Quintero Favoritos Ships — Press release here.
- Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill Tubos — Press release here.
- Habanos Announces Dates for Festival del Habano XV — Press release here.
- Crémo Cigars to Give 1,000th Facebook Fan Free Cigars — Press release here.
- Crush & Roll 2012 — Details on the annual California-based event are available on its website.