Weekly News (May 7, 2012)
Editor’s Note: As opposed to commentary, some random notes from halfwheel. Reviews have been consistently going up later in the day, we apologize and hope to change that. Some may have noticed an increase in news over the past few months, that’s here to stay and will likely continue to increase in the coming months, particularly as IPCPR becomes closer. We will continue to attempt to put out one review a day, although as of today, we’ve published 129 reviews in 2012, two more than days in the year. halfwheel will be at IPCPR later this year and we hope to provide some sort of new-look coverage of the show, but more on that as it draws near. I (Charlie) will be in NYC over the summer, if you’d like to share a cigar, let me know. And finally, Patrick Lagreid’s beloved Knickerbockers of Menlo Park, CA is closing at the end of the month.
- Viaje Late Harvest 2012 & Exclusivo Robusto to Ship — Story here.
- Arturo Fuente King T Rosado Sun Grown — Story here.
- Jaime Garcia Sur Oeste — The newest regional JG. Story here.
- La Sirena & La Aurora Partner for Merlion — Since breaking the news, Miami Cigar & Co. has announced that the blend and release date have changed. Updated story here.
- San Cristobal Elegancia Grandioso — Story here.
- Solaris by Fuente — Press release here.
- Perdomo Gran Cru 2006 — Above via Nick Perdomo. No other details at this time.
- Tatuaje TAA 2012 Size? — According to this tweet, the plan as of now is 6 1/4 x 50.
- Punch Medalla d’Oro to be released on May 31? — According to Mitchell Orchant, the U.K.’s 2011 ER is expected to launch at Hunters & Frankau’s Summer Party.
- LFD Light Gets New Ship Date — Press release here.
- Casa Fernandez AGANORSA Leaf Maduro Delayed — Despite a CigarBrief article that indicated that the new line was shipping, Casa Fernandez has delayed the cigar’s release hoping to have it before the show, more in line with the timeframe Patrick wrote about when we broke the story.
- La Musa Lancero and Corona Near Shipping — As per this tweet from Emilio head Gary Griffith. More details on other Emilio ship dates here.
- Toraño Master Maduro — Press release here.
- Illusione Singularé Being Rolled in Nicaragua — Story here.
- Rocky Patel Plans Nicaraguan The Edge — Story here.
- Toasted Foot Acquired by TheGarShop — Details here.
- Springfield, MO Passes Exemptions — As per Just for Him, the city council passed exemptions including grandfathering cigar bars and tobacco shops.