Redux: My Father Atlantic Cigar Co. 15th Anniversary Box-Pressed Robusto
In February of 2012, site sponsor Atlantic Cigar Co. released the second in their four part 15th Anniversary Series. Made by My Father, it was a box-pressed Robusto measuring 5 1/2 x 52 with an Ecuadorian Habano Criollo over a Nicaraguan binder and fillers. Only 400 boxes of 15 cigars were produced with singles priced at $8.00 and $111.95 for each box.
Here is what I said in my original review back in February of 2012:
Outside of the No. 4 (Lancero), I have never been a huge fan of the My Father line in general, so I was a bit surprised at how much I liked the My Father Atlantic 15th Anniversary Robusto. I think the main reason I liked it is that it does not taste exactly like what I think of when I think of when I think “My Father” profile and for me, that is a good thing. Having said that, I was a bit annoyed at the somewhat muted flavors in the second third, although I am thinking that is due to the youth of the cigars. The construction and burn were fine, as was the draw after the first third, and the huge smoke production was a plus. This is an easy cigar to recommend, as I think the vast majority of people who smoke it will like it, but I would definitely try it before buying a box.
But enough of that, let’s get down to business, shall we?
- Cigar Reviewed: My Father Atlantic Cigar Co. 15th Anniversary Box-Pressed Robusto
- Country of Origin: Nicaragua
- Factory: My Father Cigars S.A.
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Criollo
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- Size: 5 1/2 Inches
- Ring Gauge: 52
- Vitola: Robusto (Box-Pressed)
- MSRP: $8.00 (Boxes of 15, $111.95)
- Date Released: February 9, 2012
- Number of Cigars Released: 400 Boxes of 15 Cigars (6,000 Total Cigars)
- Number of Cigars Smoked For Redux: 1