Really no one is going to mention that this Review is on a Product From the Future, Nov 11 isn't here yet
Review: Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Soft Flame Lighter
In November of 2010, Tatuaje released 100 sets of a new cigar accessory collection. Dubbed the Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection, each piece in the set was hand made and finished in Los Angeles by Cyril Brizard’s Brizard & Co., formerly Atoll. They are made using leather, macassar ebony wood and sterling silver, giving it quite a unique look, if I do say so myself.
Here is what was included in each Collection:
(photo courtsy of www.newhavanacigars.com)
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Desk Box – $280 (sold with 3 Finger Case)
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection 3 Finger Cigar Case – $280 (sold with Desk Box)
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Large Key Ring - $40
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Small Key Ring - $30
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection – Soft Flame Pocket Lighter – $140
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection – 3 Flame Table Torch - $160
The Soft Flame Lighter is a thing of beauty. Extremely well made, the sterling silver fleur de lis on the front contrasts perfectly with the dark wood. I am constantly astounded when looking at it about how well it is made, it is just a joy to use.
- It lit EVERY time, without fail.
- The construction of the piece along with the materials is astounding. it seems to be extremely durable.
- Looks frakin’ amazing, and does not take up too much space.
- Does not seem to use up too much fuel, so you don’t have to refill as often as you might think.
- Price, Price, Price…
- With only 100 sets made, it is going to be difficult to track one down, even at the price it is sold at.
- Personally, I smoke mostly outside, so a soft flame lighter is not the best option for me.
The Bottom Line: If you like soft flame lighters, you have the dough to spend and you like Tatuaje cigars (or the Saints, or grew up in New Orleans, I suppose), I cannot imagine there being a better constructed, better looking lighter.