Weekly News (July 2, 2012)
Editor’s Note: Yesterday marked six months of halfwheel. Brooks and I still haven’t spoken at all about the relatively minor anniversary, but given each member of our staff once ran a cigar blog – six months is oftentimes a lot longer than most of these last. Over the next few weeks, particularly leading into IPCPR, we will be adding small pieces the site including a much needed server upgrade later this week, allowing the lists to return, but the goal has always been the same — make a site that we would want to visit; and that site of course would have the weekly news.
- Rocky Patel Ends Distribution of EO Brands — Story here.
- Oliva Serie V Melanio to Debut at IPCPR 2012 — Detailed here.
- La Gloria Cubana Announces Innovation 538 — Story about the most recent regional edition from General Cigar Co.
- Paul Garmirian Adds Two Sizes to Symphony 20 — Details here.
- Tres Reynas — Story on the project from Janny García and Patricia and Raquel Quesada here.
- Chinook Cellars to Release Terrior — Story here.
- East India Cigar Co. to Release Red Witch — Story via Gregory Mottola.
- Jameson to Add Santos de Miami Haven Parejo at IPCPR — Review here.
- Atlantic Cigar Ships E.P. Carrillo 15th Anniversary — Review and giveaway here.
- Torcido Cigars Launch — Story via their blog here.
- CLE Cigars Launch — Details about the launch at the newly-rebranded CLE Cigar Bar at Comerica Park in Detroit, MI. I’m told these ship nationally this week.
- Altadis Formally Announces the Montecristo Epic — Press release here.
- Wynwood Cigars — Press release here.
- H.R. 1639 Gets 207th Cosponsors — Details here.