Weekly News (February 6, 2012)
This one is pretty simple. There are some technical issues plaguing the site currently. We know of two somewhat major issues. First and foremost, commenting from a computer seems to not be working, although commenting from mobile devices seems to be working fine. We are trying to resolve this issue and think we have at least isolated the problem. The second has to do with viewing the site on the iPad. That issue is still undiagnosed and will be resolved after the commenting issue is resolved. I’d like to apologize for the issues and as soon as they are resolved, we will let everyone know via Twitter. If there are any other issues that you are experiencing, we’d love to know about them and you can contact halfwheel using the contact form
or get ahold of us on Twitter
. — charlie.
- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Federal Cigar 91st Cervantes Released — You can read the review/giveaway of the Connecticut and Maduro versions. You can click here or call Federal Cigar (1.877.424.4270) to buy a box.
- Tatuaje Previews 2012 — Jerry Cruz of Stogie Review did his annual 23 Minutes with Pete Johnson at the release of the WCD 120 REDUX. You can watch the video here, the basic news topics:
- Little Boris — 5 x 48 Robusto. Around 5,000 cigars made. July release date.
- La Vérité in January 2013 — In November, Pete said December 2012; now it is January 2013.
- Tatuaje Limited — No Joke Smoke in Hawaii will be the first appearance of the new Tatauje Limited line. The cigar will be the prerelease of the Fausto FT114. The Tatuaje Limited Label might also be used for regional releases that Pete gives to his sales rep.
- Monsters Series 2013: Chucky & the Bride of Chucky — 26 (13 x 2) smaller cigars of the same size. One blend stronger than the other, both in the same box. Pete alluded at perhaps expanding the non-dress boxes. Box will be rounder.
- Fausto FT114 – 4 1/2 x 52, which is only slightly longer than the original T110, which was 4 3/8 x 52.
- La Casita Criolla Robusto — Coming.
- Avion 2012 — Coming.
- Noella Reserva & Regios Reserva in 2013 — Belief here is that it will be delayed due to the business of 2012. Brooks’ PCR Capa Especial prototype is being made, although the limited nature of the Capa Especial wrapper could prevent it from coming out.
- Actor’s Series Still Not Happening — Still no plans for a new one due to a busy schedule.
- Saints & Sinners — Not many changes, membership will be only available for purchase for 45-60 days.
- Little Monsters In Orange Boxes
- Cabaiguan WCD 120 REDUX Released — W. Curtis Draper might have a few boxes left, but at this point they are likely all sold out. Details here.
- 601 Black Returns as House Brand for West Coast Cigars — Details about the Evil Clown here.
- Viaje Exclusivo Robusto Release? — According to Andre Farkas’ Facebook, these are “coming soon.”
- Room 101 Daruma — No other details other than it is limited and comes in the final quarter of 2012. Details here.
- Pinar Del Río to Launch Small Batch Reserve & Flores & Rodriguez — Details about the newest releases from Abe Flores’ company and the name of the new factory are here.
- Epicurean Cigars’ Armando Gutierrez & Gonzo — You can read more about Steve Ysidron’s new company and his two lines scheduled for March here.
- Macanudo Café & Maduro Gigante — News about the two new 6 x 60s for Macanudo here.
- CAO La Traviata Luminoso — Details about this 4.5 x 50 are here.
- Burn by Rocky Patel — Cigar Coop has the details.
- Lou Rodriguez Kashmir — Size is 4 1/2 x 56 with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. No other details. Via Twitter.
- Vega Fina Sumum 2010 to Launch in US — Info about the mid-February launch here.
- Gran Habano Miami Barracuda — Abe “Ming” Dabaneh of Smoke Inn says somewhere between 500-1000 boxes.
- Nat Sherman Timeless Nicaragua at IPCPR 2012 — That is the plan from Michael Herklots. The Dominican version should begin shipping Friday.
- T.L. Johnson Edición R Oscuro — Mid 2012 launch. No other details.
- The Corona Project Details — More info via acigarsmoker.
- CroMagnon Hits Shelves — Above is a picture of CroMagnon at Pipe World in Round Rock, TX. Picture via Skip Martin of RoMa Craft Tobac.
- Eddie Ortega Resigns from EO Brands, Announces Ortega Cigar Co. — Press release from the not so shocking news here.
- Humidipak Rebrands as Boveda — Details here.
- Villager Cigar Profits Up — Details here.
- Ramón Allones Allones Extra & H. Upmann Half Corona Launched in the Canary Islands — Press Release from Habanos S.A. is available here.
- General Cigar Celebrates the Super Bowl — Press Release here.